Try out our fun education trails, which provide an interesting alternative walk through the woods on the ski runs. Along the way, children and parents can learn interesting facts about the region and the production of local companies from signposts. You can compete for small prizes with a playing card in the form of a quiz.
How does it work?
- you pick up a playing card at the cash desk in the information centre
- you select a card corresponding to the difficulty of the trail you choose
- all educational trails begin at the bottom station of the Skalka chairlift and end in the information centre
- after you successfully complete the trail, enjoy a little reward, you deserve it!
'Glassmaking trail' (LASVIT) - 3.6 km
- the newest and easiest trail
- this trail will take you through the history of glass production in the Ještěd region and introduce the philosophy of the LASVIT brand, which is the number one world leader in this field
- bottom station of Skalka chairlift -> top station of Skalka chairlift -> ridge path to Černý vrch -> Ještědka car park -> Ještěd transmitter -> an back
- the best ticket you can buy is the one for the ride up and down
- after you successfully complete the trail, you will receive a glass cube made by LASVIT at the information centre
'Beer brewing trail' (SVIJANY) - 4.5 km
- the most difficult trail that will make you work hard
- suitable for experienced enthusiastic endurance athletes
- on this trail you will learn interesting facts about beer brewing and learn the philosophy of Svijany beer dating back to the 16th century
- bottom station of the Skalka chairlift -> top station of the Skalka chairlift -> ridge path to Černý vrch -> traverse to the Pod lany ski run -> around the ski jumping complex -> hike through black Slalomák ski run -> along the Liberecká and Skalka ski runs -> back to the information centre
- after you successfully complete the trail, you will receive a Svijany beer and a small gift at the information centre!
'Miller's trail' (Perner Mill) - 2.3 km
- medium difficulty
- this trail will introduce you to the secrets and history of local flour production, which dates back to 1420. You will also get to see products of the Perner Mill, which is one of the most modern flour mills in the Czech Republic today
- bottom station of the Skalka chairlift -> top station of the Skalka chairlift -> ridge path to Černý vrch -> along the Liberecká and Skalka ski runs -> around the ski jumping complex ->back to the information centre along 'Beranova cesta'
- after successfully completing the trail, you will receive a bag of Pernerka flour at the information centre to bake something yummy at home!